The National Art Center, Tokyo provides childcare service to support parents raising young children and also as part of a service for visitors attending its exhibitions. The childcare service is generally open on the second Thursday, third Sunday, and fourth Monday of each month. Families, couples, and groups can take their time to enjoy the exhibitions while children have a fun time playing.
2023.04~09 schedul(in Japanese only)
Childcare Service Information
The childcare service is limited to visitors to the museum. When utilizing the childcare service, please be aware that we may ask to see your exhibition ticket or stub.
Childcare Service Hours
12:30–15:30 (This includes the time for signing in and picking up your child.)
*Please note that we will be unable to extend or change the hours of the childcare service, even in cases such as restricted admission to exhibitions due to crowds.
Third floor, lecture room, National Art Center, Tokyo
Price per child: 0–1 years old 2,040 yen (including tax), 2–12 years old 1,020 yen (including tax)
Content (Childcare service is provided in Japanese only)
- One-on-one service is provided for children under 1 year old.
- One childcarer looks after two 1-year-olds, one childcarer looks after three children above 1 year old.
- The service is also available for children with disabilities.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns or questions, such as a baby’s fear of strangers or food allergies.
How to apply
- Please call Mother's Childcare to make a reservation. (Communication is only available in Japanese.)
- Reservations can be made from two months prior to your requested date.
- As the capacity is limited, we advise you to make your reservation early.
We will provide a refund if you call us by the deadline mentioned below.
Please be aware that there will be no refund after the deadline.
*Please confirm below the different deadlines depending on the day you wish to use the childcare service.
- For canceling a reservation for Sundays
- Please call by 17:00 on Friday one week beforehand.
- For canceling a reservation for Mondays
- Please call by 17:00 on Monday one week beforehand. (If Monday is a public holiday, please call by the previous business day.)
- For canceling a reservation for Thursdays
- Please call by 17:00 on Thursday one week beforehand. (If Thursday is a public holiday, please call by the previous business day.)
Reservations and Queries
Tel: 0120-788-222 Front desk (Sales)
Hours: 10:00–17:00 on weekdays (except between 12:00–13:00)
For further information, please check the Mother’s website.