Requests to visitors
The National Art Center, Tokyo is open after having taken sufficient preventive measures based on the safeguarding guidelines.
Please be sure to read the following before visiting.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
【NACT measures to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)】
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer is placed at every entrance.
- Our staff members will wear masks and/or face-shields to protect visitors and staff from infection.
- Spots accessed by numerous visitors including elevators and escalators are regularly sterilized and cleaned.
- The galleries are appropriately ventilated.
- Our staff consistently wash their hands and take their temperature.
- Thermography and/or thermometers will be used at the entrances to take visitors’ temperature. If you have a fever 1 degree C (100 degrees F) or more higher than usual, you will not be allowed to access the NACT.
- When crowded, admission to the exhibitions may be limited, and visitors may be asked to wait for a while before entering.
【Requests to visitors】
- The NACT asks you to refrain from visiting our facilities if you meet either of the following criteria:
＊You have a fever 1 degree C (100 degrees F) or more higher than usual.
＊You have symptoms such as coughing or sore throat.
＊You are a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
- If you have a coughing fit or any other cold symptom in the exhibition galleries or other areas, our staff may ask you to leave.
- Visitors are asked to purchase an online or advance ticket to prevent waiting lines from forming in front of the ticket booths.
- Wash your hands thoroughly often.
- Use the liquid soap provided in the lavatories before entering the galleries.
- In the galleries, refrain from talking as much as possible to prevent the spread of saliva droplets.
- In the galleries, try to keep a distance from other visitors.
- Let our staff know if you feel sick while visiting a gallery or other facility of the NACT.
- If it is confirmed that someone who has visited the NACT has become infected, an alert will be posted on our website. Therefore, be sure to take careful note of the date and time of your visit.